In addition to a daily digital issue of The New York Times, the Library provides access to digital issues of this newspaper from 1851-1922 and 1981- present. This database provides high resolution PDFs of all original articles and images.
If you are outside the Library attempting to access the NYT, please follow these instructions:
- Click on the green the ‘View New York Times’ button below to get started.
- Please enter your 14-digit New Canaan Library barcode number and click “Submit.”
- Next “Create An Account” using your email address and a password of your choice (write this down, you will need it for future logins).
- You will then be able to access a 24-hour group pass to the New York Times by clicking “Go to NYTimes.com”. For the next 24-hours, you can go directly to nytimes.com to enjoy full digital access.
- During future visits you will follow steps 1-4 and then instead of creating a new account simply “Log-In” with the email address and password of the account you created. This will then reactivate a 24 hour group pass.
If you are inside the Library attempting to access the NYT, please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to NYTimes.com
- Click “Register” to create an account with your personal email address, or “Sign In” if you already have created an account